[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Halmser M3 Wins at IMSA Endurance 500 on TV tonight!!!

I was channel surfing tonight (Thursday Sept 12) and stumbled upon a gem!,
the final half hour of the IMSA Endurance 500 race at Mosport Park on cable
[TNN]....Peter Halmser in the "06" M3 got several minutes of Excellent prime
time TV exposure as he blasted past three or four flat-out 911's in the last
five laps of the three hour long race, Bill Auberlin's Green M3 ran well and
looked great too.  With some incredible last minute driving, Peter Halmser
took the GTS-2 Win!

It was especially exciting to watch the much faster Word Sports Car class
open air cars ... [which are on the track at the same time as the bimmers!]
having a real dicey time getting around the "slower" Bimmers and Porsches.

Without a doubt this was the most exciting BMW TV footage I've ever seen. If
you get TNN on Cable, check your listings, they may show it again this week
- --- have your VCR paused and ready to capture several solid chunks of
exciting Factory M3 bimmer racing footage ...especially towards the end of
the race, when the TV comentators, who focused most of the race on the much
faster World Sports Car class, diverted their attention to GTS-2 class
several times with comments like...."here come's the Bimmer again Johnny....
boy, Peter Halmser's M3 is impressive" ... then they actually cut to a Live
Camera Shot inside Halmser's BMW!! as he pulled serious G's and nearly spun
out with a wild Porsche!

I'm still really teed off that I had no blank VCR tapes when I stumbled upon
the show.  I'm hoping there's a replay on TNN later in the week. If anyone
knows, please let me know.

I think it was called "The IMSA Endurance 500 at Mosport Park" -- Aired at
9pm EDT on TNN

Tom

1996 328is Green & tan      ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   Newtman@domain.elided
Sports pckg, 5spd              || E36+M52 ||   73233.616@domain.elided
ASC+T & Harmon Kardon   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||   L.I., N.Y. CCA#111050

Added: Racing Dynamics Strut Brace
           BMP/VDO E36 Gauge Cluster
           BBS Moda 7.5 X 16 rims
           M-Technic Body Kit w/ EVO Clear Lenses