[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:oil analysis

Prakash I found the oil analysis really interesting, but I'm curious how
much of the content of the "ingredients" are inherent in the oil itself?
While I won't profess to being an expert in organic chemistry I would
imagine the synthetic oil might have less stuff in it than the dinosaur
juice. On the other hand, I've heard some synthetics contain a high amount
of detergents to hold dirt and carbon in solution to prevent deposits from
forming in the engine. I know these things are a pain but I wonder if
anyone has tried sending clean oil (before adding it to their car) and
keeping it until the next oil change to compare it to the old oil? Sorry,
the scientist in me screams for "proper" controls! ; ^ )

BTW I am getting my new wheels and tires today and I just discovered one of
my wheel locks refuses to accept my key! Augh! Anyone have a similar
experience? How do you solve it? The lock is one of the factory BMW locks
which has a small lock cylinder over a lug bolt.

Thanks in advance!

Russell Shigeta
CDB Graduate Group
ez046453@domain.elided