[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A4

Hi all,

Need to put my 2 cents in.

Comparing the current A4 to the 328i is not the best comparison. It is better
compared
to the 325i.  A better comparison would be the 328i to the 5 valve per
cylinder, variable camshaft
version due in America in just a few months.  This engine will have 200hp.

Also due in America is the 5 valve, variable camshaft, TWIN TURBO S4 which will
compete with the M3.
This will be the sporty version of this car.

I am paying close attention to the A4 because I plan to buy another car and it
is a question between
the M3, 328is, S4,  and (believe it or not) the Mazda Miata M-Coupe (Hard Top.
Looks like small RX-7).

The 328is is the better car than the A4 except in 2 areas:
- - Quattro, Quattro, Quattro. Given enough power, nothing is better than
Quattro!
- - The A4 is beautifully put together with the highest quality. The 328 does not
come close.

As far as reliability of the A4,  I have been following the quattro digest. No
real complaints so far.

As far a resale value,  A4 quattros are VERY hard to find. Some dealers have 3
month waits until
they will get cars in stock.  The Quattro with a 5 speed (The only A4 worth
getting) is HOT.

Jason
87 535is
NYC Government damaged.