[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> L6

I've learned quite a bit about my L6 from the recent thread.
Perhaps you folks will tolerate a few more questions.

How many of these cars (L6's) were made in 1987?  I've seen only
two so far, seem to remember limited numbers, but can't recall the
actual production #.  (Old age or too much carb cleaner?)

What about the L7?  Never seen one of those, but one is advertised
in the local paper today.  Knew they made them, how many?

Phil Marx (living BMW history book)  What else is/was unique about
these models?  Any suspension changes from the E24 635 series?
(other than the rear self-leveling hardware which is priced right
out of a U.S. D.O.D. price list)

BTW, great paint on this era Bimmer!!!

TIA

Bob Duckworth