[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> fuel economy with non-stock carbs ?

Dear Digesters,

the following might be a question we have already discussed, but i think it
is of general interest for the '02-enthusiasts:

How is fuel economy influenced by running non-stock carbs on a 2002 ?
What are preferred carb set-ups ? (and their effect on fuel economy ?)
Any experience with double-carbs on a 2002A ?

Any experiences are greatly welcome.

Some information on the background: Here in Germany we are currently paying
1.7 Deutschmarks for a liter of leaded premium gas (which should be equal to
about 4.3 US-$ per gal. (1 gal. = 3.785 l, right ?). So fuel economy is of
some importance...

Here in Germany, talking about double carbs for 02s usually means the stock
2002 ti set-up. Not so much Webers are around. The Solex carbs have the
reputation to be often crappy because of worn bearings. Fuel economy is said
to drop from 21.5 mpg stock (my 02 uses definitely more gas with a single
carb) to about 15 mpg (at least with Solexes) !

All opinions are greatly welcome,

Olav

(with a single-carb '74 2002 targa and thinking about double-carbs...)