[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Clay Magic!

I remember there was a thread a while back about using clay on finishes, but
didn't pay much attention at the time.  This weekend I started Zymoling my
car but found to my disgut that there was a ton of particulate matter in/on
the paint.  It felt like sandpaper, and when looked at in the right light I
could see millions of metallic flecks (my car is parked all day in an
indstrial area).  I went out to the local megastore and found "Clay Magic".

It was increadible!  I am not one to get worked up over car finish supplies,
but this was the most satisfying thing I've ever done to a car finish!  It
was very easy to use, took less time than waxing the equivalent area and left
a surface that was as smooth as a new car finish.  BTW, the HD Cleanse I used
prior to getting the clay had absolutely NO effect on the paint.

The package was $15 on sale (normally $20) and came with a spray on clay lube
and some liquid wax.  I just checked Griot's catalog and I would agree with
everything they say about their clay.

I can't say enough about this stuff - try it.

(Not on the payroll of anyone anywhere in ththat sells the stuff, but am
ready to do infomercials for it if anyone asks).

Michael Nover
91ix (with the smoothest paint in town)