[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lubricating Wheel hubs

Lubricating the wheel hub will not cause any damage to your car.  You
may even be able to pull the wheel off when you are on the side of the
road with a flat tire.  I don't know about anywhere else but in the
northeast we sometimes have a problem in the winter of the alloy wheels
almost "welding" themselves to the hub.  When this hapens you can take
off all the lugs and still cannot budge the wheel.  I use a little
never-seize between the wheel and hub mating surface before I put the
wheel on and torque it down (factory setting of course).  This trick
seems to work well as long as you don't drive too many miles before
rotating/ removing the wheels again.

Just trying not to mis-inform.
Gary Bossert
Looking for '90-'91 ix 5speed 4 door, low miles preffered