[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1984 318i engine miss

Boy, when it rain it pours!  Last week my brakes, this week my engine.  What
next?  My guibo?

Here's the details.  Today, while accelerating hard (as usual), the engine began
to miss.  The miss only lasts a second and only occurs when I am really
accelerating.  When I say miss.  I mean miss.  It was like the engine shut down.
Once it was bad enough that the seat belt locked (good thing I was wearing it).

Any ideas as to what could be causing this miss.  Since it is not a regular
miss, only occurs when I am accelerating hard, and because it feels as if the
engine kills (which it doesn't) I am assuming that it is electrical.  Of course,
who am I to assume?  Any way, I would like to fix this as I am accustomed to
hard acceleration. I know what you are thinking.... how hard does a 318
accelerate?  The answer.  Not hard enough.

Thanks,
Donny
1984 318i (dreaming of a faster, much faster bimmer)