[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> re : Computer

Jeff (?) asked
>Hi all--Just joined this group because of my first BMW; a 1986 325. The
>computer in the dash is not the one shown in the owner's manual. It has
>buttons for time, date, temperature, something called "h/dat" (I think to
>set the hour and month), something called "mini/dat" (I think to set the
>minute and day of month), and lastly, something called "memo". Could
>someone enlighten me as to the functions of the last three buttons listed?

memo makes the thing beep at you just before the hour ( so that you
can turn the radio on and listen to the news.. ). Toggles on and off
when you hit the button : and MEM is displayed.

hold down the time button until a dot appears.. then use the hour
(h/dat) or minute (min/dat) to increase the time..

hold down the date button until the dot appears.. then use the other
buttons again to change the month/day

I might have confused the labelling of the buttons.. but it's not too
hard to figure out what is what.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i