[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: clifford vs. factory alarm.

I have owned a Clifford alarm and it worked great.  The installed price
of a much nicer unit than is available through the dealership will be
less.  The Alpine unit is a bottom line alarm that is installed in the
BMW, and to tell the truth, the BMW mechanics know about the cars, not
the aftermarket or dealer installed equipment.  You need to find a good,
reputable shop that has installed in BMW's before and I can tell you
they will do a better job with the installation.  You may be able to use
some of the wiring that controls the actuation of door locks, trunk,
windows, etc, and you may be able to use the power hookup, but if you
dont, the alarm installers will just run wire along the same route.
Good Luck,

Lowell