[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Waxing info

Hello,
  Just got my latest Zymol order.  Got stuff directly from the web using
secure Netscape.  The site is www.zymol.com, and is pretty nicely done,
with current product listings, prices and even pictures.

Being a total Zymol maniac, I bought a container of Zymol Concourse wax.
(At least it's not Destiny or Atlantique!)  Anyway, I haven't tried it
yet, but it has quite a bit more Carnauba then Creme and Carbon.  I
believe that Creme has 25%, Carbon 28% and Concourse either 36% or 58%.
We'll see how this affects the quality of the shine on my paint.

FYI, Zymol mentions the Turtle Wax licensed products in their web site.
They are 'entry level' products to be used on older cars with moderate
paint damage.  The liquid wax has only 3.7% Carnauba.

As to waxing, people have talked about making circles versus waxing back
and forth.  I have tried both, and applying the wax in circles
definitely leaves swirl marks.  The back and forth motion takes no more
effort, and gives a nice even looking finish.

I will have an update on how well Zymol Concourse works and whether it
is worth the $150 price for an 8 ounce container.  I got about 12% off
list by buying at the Web site, although I think you can do better from
some mail order places, perhaps 15 to 20% off.

Mike Whitley
1992 Racing Dynamics 318is (RED BMR) soon to get a wax job with Zymol
Concourse!
1995 Jeep Wrangler (no name yet...) Needs waxing too.