[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36> Repainting Spoilers to Body Color

Vikram Kumar writes:

> Considering painting the grey front, side-skirt and rear bumper
> Black to match the rest of the car...  $550  ...  No guarantee...

I also have a '93 325is black/black.  The grey on the side side skirts
is actually some sort of latex chipguard coating.  It can be removed
with mineral spirits, several clean rags and lots of elbow grease.
There is body color underneath the grey latex coating.

Get a can of glossy black Krylon Epoxy spray paint ($2.5) and paint
the plugs that go in the jack holes.

Sorry, I can't help you with the grey bits at the bumpers.  Those look
to be grey plastic all the way through.  Stripping the side skirts
yourself may save you a couple hundred dollars.

- --
Dave
kroth@domain.elided