[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 brake upgrades

> From: Matthew Davis <davisma@domain.elided>
> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 23:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Brakes!!! (fwd)
>
> Hi, I have a 71 02 and am looking to upgrade my front brakes.  I am aware
> of the tii upgrades but I have also heard that Volvo makes a caliper,
> vented rotor combination that fits the original 2002.  Has anyone heard
> this myth or have any suggestions for brake combinations: tii struts w/
> 5-series callipers, 320is...?

I've got a '74 2002 w/ the tii strut/E12 5er rotor setup. Works great,
although bleeding the calipers is really annoying (3 screws per side). A
vast improvement over the stock brakes. If you're looking for a kit-type
coversion, Top End Performance (818-764-6788) offers a bolt-on (tii
struts NOT required) 10" vented rotor conversion for $525 ($585 w/
braided lines) This may be your best bet.

- -AEG