[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<brakes> caliper problem

	There are two bolts that hold the calipers in place.  On my 1980
528i, the head of one of the bolts on the passenger side rear is knocked
off.  The rest of the bolt is still in the threads.  The service manager
at the local BMW dealer said that they can't fix it.  Suggested that I
take it to a machine shop.  Problem:  I can't take my entire car into the
machine shop.  The caliper won't come off - so short of taking the entire
right rear assembly to the machine shop, what can I do?  I've been
driving with it like this for a while - no problems.  But now my calipers
are going bad and I will need to replace the old ones.  Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Gregory Szczyrbak
1980 528i
1990 Geo Prizm