[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

fog lights, high beams

>From: "Todd C. Merrill" <tcmerrill@domain.elided>
>Subject: fog lights, high beams

- -snip-
>	I just noticed something the other night.  If I'm driving with the
>headlights and fog lamps on and I turn on the high beams, the fog lamps
>turn off (and the green light on the instrument cluster goes out).
- -snip-

AFAIK, this has more to do with regulation than anything else. in most u.s.
states, i don't think you're allowed to have more than four lights on at a
time. some rubbish about not blinding oncoming traffic, bah. <g> i vaguely
remember a friend in high school who had put a set fogs on his '69 GTO that
didn't shut off automatically and failed inspection (NJ) because of it.

i could be wrong.

m.
1995 M3 (almost, advice appreciated)