[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <E36M3> Achieving HP for M3

- ------------------------- Begin Original -------------------------
From: "philip (p.a.) weaver" <pweaver@domain.elided>
To: scotthung@domain.elided
Subject:  re: <E36M3> Achieving HP for M3
content-length: 520

Scott,
Read your post in digest #200 and wondered if you could spare a few
tips regarding M3's.

I just bought a '95 M3 (~16k miles) and, although it is plenty fast, I
would like to make it faster.  (My previous car was a '91 Talon modified
to about 260hp).  I'm interested in the "cheap mods" right now.  What
are your recommendations regards chips, air filters, air boxes, intake
piping, etc.  And, where are good sources for these items.  How far
can I go before I void my warranty?

Thanks,
Phil
- ------------------------- End Original -------------------------
Phil,
What a coincidence. I had a modified 92 Eclipse Turbo FWD with
incredible acceleration. Mostly bolt-ons and electronics from HKS
up to the VPC stage with added inline fuel pump. Had  Eibach
springs and Suspension Techniques sway bars. MOMO Wheels.
 Now it's BMW's for me.

For you, stay with the stock look under the hood and you should be
allright with the warrantee.  Best BANG for the Buck is to remove the
2 (two) baffles inside the stock box which snap out. Add a K&N
Filter. Then the "ram air" piece which a BMW Motorsport part.
The part is $70 from Noble and $100 from Korman which has
instructions. From   Noble , your on your own. Make sure the new
brake duct piece hasonly one hole for the ram air Snorkle. Filter is $37
from
Eurasia or Noble. Bavarian Autosport also matches competitor's
prices. Then get the Jim C. chip. For all the other mods, you begin
 moving away from "cheap."  I would definately recommend the
the Supersprint muffler when your ready. Must speak with Anthony
at BMP.   Decide where you are going to stop before getting the
 final chip from Jim. As for suspension, you can keep the ride and
improve turning by changing sway bars from Racing Dynamic or
Dinan and leaving the shocks /spring alone which will cost
bucks not only for parst, but also install costs.
Both available from Bravarian  Autosport around $350.

These are my recs for "cheap mods."
Scott H.-95M3