[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Laguna Seca

>Did you guys see Zanardi's last lap, race-winning suicide pass on the
>Corkscrew at Laguna Seca?
<snip>
>It was THE single wildest move I have ever
>seen in car racing, and I watch a LOT.

I felt that was an irresponsible pass and that ole' Alex should be contested
or fined for that move.  His passing under braking would have been fine
except for the fact that it was obvious that he had no intention of staying
on the course.  He could of wiped out Herta for a DNF, and worse yet, injured
someone off track.  That was fatally proven earlier this year.  Was this
payback (to the league, not Herta) for his forced DNF at Vancouver?  Zanardi
seems to be driven more by emotion than other drivers;  anybody else feel
this way, or am I alone, again?

If this happens at the upcoming Driving School held by the BMW CCA- Golden
Gate Chapter, I'm sure our track Steward will strongly discipline the
offending driver.

See you at Laguna Carl-

Sherman Koo - '88  ///M5  (you know, the black one w/ tan interior!)