[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Mud Flaps for 328is

>From: Jean-Paul Y Lie <jl67+@domain.elided>
>Date: Mon,  9 Sep 1996 12:33:06 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: Mud Flaps for 328is
>
>Hello all. Has anyone had any experience with installing mud flaps on a
>328is? Is it possible to do it myself (if so, how?) or would I be better
>off to have them professionally installed? Any experiences/comments? TIA
>for any responses.
>
>J.P.
>Pittsburgh, PA
>'96 328is

I installed the factory mudflaps on our '95 325i soon after we got it Feb
'95.  The directions included are pretty good.  The retaining clips are
difficult to get on, but once there, your flaps are staying put.  It would
make it easier to jack up the car and remove the wheels, but it is do-able
with the car on the ground.  Turn the steering wheel so that the front
wheels are at full lock to get best access to the front wheels.

To calibrate you to my skill level, I am comfortable with tune-ups, brakes,
valve adjusts, bolting anything on (and taking it off), suspension, etc.  I
don't have the skills or training for engine or drive line internals.

good luck,
        Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"