[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: E30 and E36 Jack Stand Issues

Dear Stumped,

>From: Joe C Yaeger/WFG FE <Joe_C_Yaeger/WFG_FE%WFG_FE@domain.elided>
>Date: 9 Sep 96 13:07:42
>Subject: E30 and E36 Jack Stand Issues

        Can't help on the e30 stuff but,

>My E36 325i will no doubt be the next car up on the stands.  I am still
>concerned that there appears to be no good points under the chassis to
locate a
>jackstand.
>
>There are so many people who have modified the undersides of their Bimmers,
>that I find it hard to believe no one has encountered this type of problem.

        I jacked up the rear using the diff as the lift point.  Once up, I
immediately put the car on jack stands using the jack pads at the rocker
panels. Using a long handled full size jack, the car was up quickly and on
the jack stands before it knew what was happening.

        May not have been the PC thing to do, but I had to get it elevated
to get the M3 exhaust installed.  No problems have been encountered to this
day with that method.  I'd be happy to entertain other ideas, as long as
they don't involve buying my own hydraulic lift!

>If anyone has any hints or experience with this phenomonon please let me know.
>TIA
>
>Sincerely,
>Stumped in Detroit.

good luck,
        Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"