[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Liquid Wrench on Alternator Blades

To clean the carbon blades on-the-go, I applied a generous dose of
liquid wrench on the alternator of my 1982 320i. Lots of it.

This improved the alternator's performance but the pulley shaft ise
more noisy at times. I suppose some of the liquid wrench got into
the shaft (& rotor?).Would spraying the area with WD-40 cure the
squeek? Was I wrong to clean it by spraying liquid wrench? I
remember reading something about liquid wrench actually being a
DRYING agent, not a lubricant. Is that true?

Thanks in advance,
Leo Margelis (82 320i, purr purr squeek squeek purr purr..)