[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 325i Cold Start Hesitation

>I've had my '92 325i in to the dealer 4 times for a
>stumbling, hesitation and backfiring problem with no success.

I too have hesitation and general rough-running on my '92 325i on cold
start until the oxygen sensor kicks in, about 1-2 minutes after start, then
it runs fine.  It's getting worse as the weather generally turn cooler,
especially at night.  I replaced the O2 sensor this past spring, but I
still get this rough running before it kicks in...Is this the telltale sign
of a vacuum leak?  I had one mechanic this past spring tell me that I had
gasket leaks on at least two cyls, but another told me I had no problem at
all...

The one who said I had a gasket leak was the dealer, of course.

Jonathan
jlukens@domain.elided