[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 and E36 Jack Stand Issues

This weekend a friend and I lifted his E30 up and had it on jack stands.  The
suspension has been lowered with Racing Dynamics springs and also has RD sway
bars installed.

Once the car was up on the stands everything was ok.  However, when trying to
lower the car later that afternoon, we encountered a really bad problem.  The
car kept wanting to fall off the stands sideways as we attempted to lower each
corner.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  The chassis is so stiff that
it is difficult to determine a good order for raising and lowering the
corners.

My E36 325i will no doubt be the next car up on the stands.  I am still
concerned that there appears to be no good points under the chassis to locate a
jackstand.

There are so many people who have modified the undersides of their Bimmers,
that I find it hard to believe no one has encountered this type of problem.

If anyone has any hints or experience with this phenomonon please let me know.
TIA

Sincerely,
Stumped in Detroit.