[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 upper rear shock mount

Has anyone experienced failure of the rear upper shock mounts on 1987 E30s ?
This particular vehicle has Koni adjustables installed all around. The rear
upper mounts failed after 1 month.  A local service person suggested replacing
them with the mounts from the 325iC.  That done, they also failed after a
couple of months.

Also there are small hairline fractures running vertically (about an Inch long)
that we spotted along side and to the rear of the shock mount location.  Is
this a known problem ?  We are planning on having them welded over just in case.

Suggestions and experiences are welcome.

thanks,

joe.