[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc>

Michael Joblin:  Try and find a copy of the July '96 issue of the British
magazine 'BMW Car.'  It has numerous photos of the Motorsport 325i's.  I
can't find my copy right now but I believe that the cars are mechanically, at
lest engine wise, identical to 325i's (the few in the US are 325i's with the
m-Technik bodywork).  Also, I  think the ///M badge you refer to is an owner
odd on.  You are, therefore, paying extra for appearance items.
Tony:  If you want a legal E36 M3 Evo, there is one easy and legal way:  Buy
a car company and import it on your manufacturer's plates.  This is the only
legal way I know and, you can only keep the car in the country for a set
period of time (one year, I think).
Stewart M.:  Who told you that Syntec is a BMW approved oil?  Although it
could be true, I tend not to believe it.  I'd change oil initially at 1000
miles and start with synthetic then.  Friction coefficients for regular and
synthetic oils is the same, many cars now come with synthetic as factory
fill, and, as a machinist mentioned on the post a week or so ago and we all
see in our first oil changes, lots of fine metal comes out on the first
change (I'd want it out ASAP).  Or you can listen to your master mechanic and
the car will probably run well and still last a long time.  I'd feel better
with the new oil.

Ken Partymiller
'87 Motorsport 325is