[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bit by the '02 bug

The 2002 special issue Roundel sparked my interest in getting an '02.

Yesterday I saw a posting here for a free one!!!

I responded to Bob Van Epps' post about a free '74 '02 in South Jersey, and
it was still availible.  A free '02!!!  A dream come true.

Well the car has some rust, and the head is missing (I knew this before
going to get it), but it is otherwise complete with some new parts.

Bob's nephew was driving the car until  last Aug. when it blew a head
gasket.  No time or $$$ was availible to repair the car, and finally the
decision was made that it had to go.  Rather than junk the car, they decided
to offer it "Free to a good home".

Picking up the car was a pleasurable experience.  The Van Epps' fed me
dinner (totally unexpected), and were a great help in loading it up for the
return trip.  It is nice to know that there are still some good people left
in this world.

Now the adventure begins, please bear with my future questions as the
restoration process begins!!!!

Jay Snyder
'89 325i (My very fun daily driver)
'74 2002 (about to begin rebirth)