[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oil Recommendations?

To bmw-digest@domain.elided

I just called a BMW dealer in the Bay Area, CA (Stevens
Creek BMW) and they want $60 for an oil change and filter!!
Now that is ridiculous!  Are all dealers the same way?  In
any case, this is pushing me to go to a quickie place to
have it done, since I have heard it really isn't that hard
to change the oil in a BMW (this is my first change since
getting the car 2 months ago, 2000 miles, I figured I'd be
safe!).  Any recommendations on which brand of oil to use?
Or what type, 10W40 etc.?  And what do oil types actually
mean when an oil says 10W40, or 10W30?  I am an extreme
novice, and want to learn to change it myself eventually,
but for now I can settle for a quickie change. TIA!

Raj
'92 318is, Dinan chip and exhaust