[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Mystery Connector

>>This is the connector to the hood trigger. My dealer even
>>did not connect it! The plug IS there. Just difficult to see and find
>>because it may be wrapped in black tape  with a bundle of wires.
>>I recall the wire being purple with yellow stripes. If the hood
>>sensor is not working, you now know why. I couldn't find the
>>wire because it is hidden well, but my alarm installer friend did.

Thanks to Scott H for the suggested explanation for the "mystery
connector" that I found on the wiring harness for the BMW remote
keyless-entry system. However, this connector is not the one for the
hood-switch circuit. The hood-switch connector is a single pin black
connector and is described in the installation kit instructions. The
hood circuit uses a violet/yellow/green wire on the vehicle side, and a
white/red wire in the kit harness. My experience with this was similar
to yours; I really had to search for the mating connector in the vehicle
(it was taped to another bundle of wires).

The kit wiring harness has four described connectors:

	- the 30-pin module connector (green)
	- the 12-pin primary connector to the vehicle (black)
	- the 1-pin hood-switch circuit connector (black)
	- the 2-pin connector for the status LED

The fifth connector is the "mystery connector". As I recall it is
located very close (2 inches) to the 30-pin module connector. The
"mystery connector" had a couple pins (I don't recall exactly how many).

I would appreciate any other suggestions. The installation kit I used
was P/N 82-11-1-469-444 (for pre-wired 1996 MY 3-Series).