[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36 Locking problem>

I just purchased a 1992 318is (month a), excellent car but a little
slower than my 1988 325is, no biggy.  My question is this:  The key to
the car fits the ignition, and the doors, BUT not the trunk.  This is the
key with the special light on it.  Is there another master key that was
not given to me?  The car has the BMW/Alpine alarm so I can unlock/lock
the trunk with the little keychain.  I'd like to be able to unlock the
trunk with the key.  OR is it possible that the lock has been changed,
and I have no key?!

Thanks,
David

  David Moore                       The Wise are Instructed by Reason,
  Computer Dynamics                 The Ordinary by Experience,
  email dmoore@domain.elided    The Stupid by Necessity,
                                    and the Brute by Instinct.
                                    -- author unknown --