[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E-30> 325iC O2 sensor removal

Well,

While trying to fix the sensitive throttle problem in my '90 (E-30)
325iC, I found out that my O2 sensor is bad.  So, I got the new one
and also bought the O2 sensor socket from Bavarian Autosport (it's a
22mm deep well socket with a slot in the side for the wire to stick out).
But, the convertibles have more body reinforcement and there wasn't
enough clearance between the exhaust manifold and the body to get the
socket over the sensor!

So, I ordered a special Oxygen Sensor Wrench from Snap-On (part # YA8875)
for $24.25.  It looks like a crow's foot socket, but, a bit thicker and
stronger.  I'll try it out tonight.

Of course, an adjustable wrench would have done the job, but, being
anal retentive, I wanted to make sure that I torqued it down properly
(41 ft. lbs.)

         Later...
           Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.