[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 97 M Roadster Order

Fellow digesters,

Thanks for the feedback on how to proceed in ordering a new M Roadster.  The
consensus from more rural areas was to go to another dealer.  Those from the
Bay Area agree that our local dealers are "fatter" than most in other areas.
The demand for Z3's in Northern California is probably the highest in the US
(maybe the world?)  Since they are virtually sold out for this year, they are
getting their exorbinant markup.

As for my deal on a 97/98 M Roadster, the Pleasanton dealer said he can write
me up a deal on a "price to be determined" contract.  All this would do would
lock me in -- 1st in line -- for a new M Roadster from their dealership.
When the actual MSRP is determined, the contract would be amended to include
the actual price plus or minus any negotiation.  So, their are no guarantees
that I would get a good deal or not.  Besides if the car is $60K, I'll
probably pass.  However, if the car is $45K and people are willing to pay
$60K for the first one in Northern California -- come talk to me.  My $1,000
is hard at work!

Thanks again,

Paul Jones
(room for another M Roadster -- wait til the wife finds out!)
95 M3
88 750iL
88 K75S