[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E34 Door Trim Falling off

On the drivers door the perforated cushion insert on the drivers door is
peeling away from the door trim. It has come loose near the edge of the
door under the lock. I tried 3M adhesive glue and it looks terrible and
didn't hold.
Also tried two-sided tape, not strong enough.......It appears glue was
the original adhesive, any suggestions?

<<<<<

I would try some "Photo Mount" spray adhesive.  It comes in a
spray can and is normally used to mount photographs to some
backing material for display.  The stuff is essentially spray on
rubber cement.  Spray some on both surfaces (the door panel and
the trim piece that is loose in your case) and let it dry for a
few minutes.  Then carefully press the two pieces together and
they should "stick like glue".  WARNING: After you spray the two
pieces to be glued together they cannot be moved after they touch
each other.  Make sure the positioning is correct before pressing
the pieces together.

Try not to get any overspray on parts you don't want to glue
although it can usually be removed by just rubbing it with your
finger.

The "Photo Mount" adhesive should not be hard to find.  You can
get it at a photo supply store for sure and I have seen it in a
lot of drug and hardware stores as well.

Don Mies