[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sleepy Speedo

     My '90 iX that has started to have the problem of the speedo and
     odometer nodding off sometimes. You can be starting from a stop and
     they just sit at zero (speedo) and don't advance (odo.). Then, half a
     minute later, they start working. When they work, they are rock steady
     and indicating correctly.

     No problems with other gauges or any instrument cluster problems, so I
     don't suspect the batteries are bad on the instrument board (could be
     a false assumption). Any comments or suggestions?

     This might be a great excuse to beat a ticket with, but I'd rather
     have a speedometer that works.

     A direct reply would be appreceiated as well as posting back to the
     digest.

     TIA,

         Barry Ritchey
         mbritch@domain.elided