[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E32> Something's leaking

Any ideas?

My 88 e32 is leaking something and I can't figure it out.  The wetness
appears to be getting to the bottom of the engine just behind the oil pan.
Since I drive mostly at highway speeds (70+) it seems to be blowing
back onto the bottom of the tranny and even on to the catalytic
converter.

Other clues.  I think the break booster is failing based on brake pedal feel,
but it is tough to see if it is leaking.  I wonder if the rear engine seal is
failing.  I'm baffled.  Fluid levels seemed to be ok until this week when the
oil level dropped such that I had to add some (decided to change it
instead).  Any ideas?  This problem has become messy and smelly.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Castro-Miller
scm@domain.elided
'88 735i  135Kmiles