[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OUTCOME OF CD WHINE & ...

Brendon Whateley asked:
>Do I have hearing problems? or is it possible that a
>different dealer did the CD installation differently, avoiding the problem?

Maybe the problem is isolated to a group in a particular production run? <shrug>

I know I've lost some of my high-pitched hearing ability, but I've been
unable to hear a whine in my 1996 328is (w/HK).

>It may just be that I am the only person out here who LIKES the HK system and
>does NOT want to change to after-market components...

No, there's two of us :-)  But like I said, I've lost some of my hearing, so...
(Too many rock concerts & too much loud music in my cars when I was younger :-))

To Stuart:
Glad to hear that you were able to get both your problems resolved. If I was
*able* to hear a whine from my stereo, I'm sure I'd find it annoying too.
I've saved your cleaning/waxing info for future reference (black, why did I get
black :-))

Cheers,
- ----
Jim Bassett