[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Rear "Clunking" Sound

>Hi everyone, I have a '92 E36 325i with 55K and going strong except that
>recently I noticed hearing this clunking or knocking sound from the rear
>when I hit little bumps or cracked roads at low speed but NOT on high
>speed. The rear shocks are not in top shape but still in okay condition.
>The noise keeps getting worse as days go by. Has anyone had this problem
>before? TIA.

Hey Ali-

I also have a '92 325i and had a very similar problem a little while back
around 70k miles: Clunking or knocking at low speeds, shocks looked OK.
After a trip to the "stealer", turns out it was a broken rear driver's side
shock mount.  Cost me about $65 to get replaced.  Check it out.

Jonathan
jlukens@domain.elided