[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <2002> '76 Exhaust Manifold for Calif Emissions

>Can somebody tell me whether CA emisions required a different exhaust manifold
>for the '76 2002 than other '76 for other states.  I have an exhaust manifold
>from a '76 that another Digester might be able to use.....mine has a large
>threaded opening at the front of the main runner and smaller threaded
>openings at the top middle and rear of the mai n runner that are plugged with
>hex plugs.
>
>Would appreciate any definitive id of the correct '76 exhaust manifold..
>the donor vehicle was a New England '76 2002
>
>Thanks for the help...
>
>Jonathan

  California 2002s had thermal reactor exhausts for both '75 (like the rest
of the US) and '76.  Also 320i for '77-'79 as best I can remember.  This
little oven at the exhaust side of the head is a stamped and welded
arrangement, not the cast iron as on your '76.  CA '76 is (short version)
same as 49 state '75.

Phil Marx    BMWCCA #6021 BMWMOA #2024 (804) 293-8269    fax (804) 293-0817
Bavarian Motor Warehouse, Inc.         Check out our Web page: See our 1600
416 W. Main St.                        Cabriolet and other lovely BMWs.
Charlottesville, VA.  22903            http://www.comet.chv.va.us/bav/