[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <E36> 328i Coolant Loss

Michel,

I had a similar problem with my '92 E30 325iC.  It turns out that =
somehow coolant had leaked into the coolant level sensor and had eroded =
the contacts.  For the longest time I thought it was =
temperature-dependant.  Now, after pulling it apart, I saw the real =
cause - yuk!

Replacing the sensor made the silly check light stop.  Now I am still =
getting used to not pressing the check button after starting my car.

rick wargo
1992 E30 325iC - happily not leaking coolant

(Sorry about all of the garbage on the previous post :-()

>From: Michel Gammon <jmgammon@domain.elided>
>Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:51:51 -0400
>Subject: <E36> 328i Coolant Loss
>
>I may have hit my first significant snag with my 328i in 15,000 km =
(9500
>miles). As our mornings started getting a bit cooler, mid-August, my =
Check
>Function would say "Low Coolant Level", on the first start in the =
morning.
>It only stays on, while the engine runs, for about 10-20 seconds or so. =
 My