[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nail Polish

>Has anyone tried to substitute fingernail polish for touchup paint? It
>seems to me there about five billion shades of red and the stuff is tough
>and glossy. Not too mention its always readily available since every
>touchup paint I've bought has always ended up dried up. We should make a
>list of really good matches and post them. I for one would like to get a
>good match for my Henna red M3. Is this a stupid idea?

I used nail polish to touchup the red lettering on my mountain bike and
within six months it had faded to a pinkish shade.  The bike was only in the
sun maybe three hours a day.  So nail polish doesn't have the UV protection
needed for outdoor use.

However, when I was putting the street numbers on my mailbox I didn't have
any crazy glue so I dabbed nailpolish on the corners of the numbers and on
the box, let it set a minute, then pressed the number to the box.  I've
moved since, but it lasted the year and a half I was there.

I'm not offering this as a solution for glue problems just to show that if
you touchup your car with nail polish, when it fades, good luck getting it
off.

Is that funny weird . . . or funny Ha Ha      - Space Ghost

Maximum Payne