[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

cosmoline, the yellow stuff? How to get it off?

I think that cosmoline is the product that BMW puts on there car to protect
them on the trip overseas. It guards against the salt water. It has a waxy
feeling and I believe a bit greasy. BMW normally cleans this product off
quite well before they go onto the showroom floor.

I have yellow stuff on my heads and its not cosmoline, unless cosmoline gets
hard...extremely hard after it heats up. I think the stuff on my car is a
clear lacquer that was put on at BMW or a detailer that makes engines look
new. It doesnt bad on hoses and stuff like that, but it looks terrible on my
heads. Does anyone know how to get that lacquer off. It seems that anything
strong enough to take it off will be strong enough to damage the heads.