[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E34 door locks, cloudy wood

Last week I added a 1990 535i to my garage, but the car has two
problems I don't know how to address:

1.  The door locks don't work. When I insert the key in the hole in the
driver's door to lock the doors, no doors lock. However, when I release
the key, I can hear a sound from each of the other doors that sounds
like the power lock mechanism working, but nothing happens. Even worse,
however, I am unable to lock the car at all. When I try to push the
locks down to lock the doors manually, of the four doors, only the rear
driver-side door lock can be depressed. The other three can't be budged
at all. Any ideas as to the problem?

2.  The car has not been garaged for the past three years, as a result,
although the car generally looks fine, some of the finish on the
interior wood has become a bit cloudy. Is there any quick/simple way to
fix this?

TIA

Chris Visick
1984 633CSi