[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Hawk Blue / Cool Carbon brake pad ramblings

I wrote:

>This weekend, I'll be racing my 914-4 at Thunderhill w/Cool Carbons
>all-around -- I'm interested to see if there's any noticeable difference.

Well, I ran them, and the results were similar:

        * worked well
        * no noticeable rotor wear
        * a little noise (not bad, really)
        * warmed up quickly
        * some dust

I don't want to take the comparison any further, as the 914 is a lot
lighter and a lot slower than the M3, its brakes feel different, and it has
fixed-style calipers (hence no "clanging" noises), while the M3 has
floaters.

So in conclusion I'm quite happy with both the Hawk (blue) pads and the CC
(blue) pads.

| Andrew E. Kalman, Ph.D.   aek@domain.elided  |
|        standard disclaimers apply         |