[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Brake Dust

> From: The UNIX Mighty!!! <bikesh@domain.elided>
> Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 12:13:38 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: any solution for brake dust!
>
> Is there any solution for getting rid of the brake dust forever...
> I have to clean my front tires  every other day...
>
> Thankx
> Bikesh
> bikesh@domain.elided
>

>>It's really quite simple... DON'T USE YOUR BRAKES.

I couldn't resist that one... all kidding aside, P21s sprayed on via a
garden sprayer, then hosed-off is easy and works well... But you'll
never get rid of the dust problem. You'll spray & wash every couple of
days. Really hard pads (the kind that squeal and break your eardrums)
produce much less dust, but then you are getting into another problem of
rotor/pad hardness comaptibility and rotor warp, etc... It's easier to
just spray & wash...

Jim B.