[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Convertible Top Showing Wear

All E36 CONVERTIBLE OWNERS:  CHECK YOUR TOPS!!!

I purchased a new '94 325i Convertible 3 years ago when the E36 convertible
first came out in the U.S.  Well, recently I have noticed rips/tears (1 to
1.5 inches long) starting to show near each of the four corners on the top
of the car.  It appears that the the tears in the cloth may be due to it
rubbing against the framing when the top is folded down.  Luckily the tears
are not YET deep enough for any leaking to occur.  However, you better
believe I am going to have this repaired under warranty before it's too
late.

I was wondering if any other E36 convertible owners have experienced this
problem.  If so, could you please let me know if and how you had the
problem resolved?

egw@domain.elided