[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I found the problem!!

To those who wonder, I found the problem that was causing my
intermittantstumbles caused by injector shut off. I had replaced the cap and
rotor hoping that would cure the problem but it only made it worse. after
getting different fault codes from the motronics and checking them out I
still had no luck. I tore the car apart and checked all the grounding points
and they all were secure. I was getting frustrated and pondered all the
systems that could affect the injectors. I got to thinking of the inductive
pickup that sequences the injectors. I had already made sure the wire did
not get munched by the pulleys about 20 times. I started to remove the new
cap just to make sure it was not faulty and VOILA--the clip in the end of
the wire was enlarged on the # 6 wire and making intermittant contact and
screwing up the injector sequence. short test drive confirms this. I am
happy as a clam now and am going for a celebratory beer. Happy labor day.
Sean