[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

318ti CD-changer install

I am trying to find out where they hide the wiring (pigtail) for the
factory CD changer in the '96 318ti. The car is prewired for the
changer. I have been led to believe that the CD changer should be installed
behind the passenger side rear wheel well. For this reason, I assumed the
connection into the wiring harness would be hidden somewhere around the rear
passenger side wheel arch, or spare wheel well. But after pulling everything
apart, it is not there. I presume that I am not looking in the correct
place.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find it. Is this the correct location
for the CD changer? I had hoped that once I got the installation kit, all
would become clear, but, I have had some trouble getting the correct kit. I
expect to resolve this problem this week.

I'd really hate to pay the dealer for something as simple as installing the
CD player.

Ian