[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 M3 shifting problems

On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Land Shark wrote:

> DANGER DANGER ..
>
> This is the EXACT problem that causes people to MISSHIFT ..
>
> It won't hit 3rd .. so you hit FIRST again my mistake
>
> Tne motor goes boom and $11,000 flys out of your wallet
>
> There is *supposedly* a fix for the 3rd gear detent based upon
> your production date (of trans.).. go to dealer and complain!!
>
> Have it fixed!!
>
> I would hate for you to be #300ish of our fellow M3 owners to
> blow a motor..
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim!  I will go talk to the BMW dealership about this problem...
hopefully its under warranty.  BTW.  I had my car go through Inspection I
this past week and they found no faults in the Motronic unit.  So, I have
no idea why the "check engine" light occasionally blinks.

Please let me know the status of your project with ELP and if you are
working any chips for supercharged cars with other mods (headers,
exhaust, etc.).

Thanks again,

 Skaria Thomas
  D.E.Shaw & Co., 120 West 45th Street, 39Fl, New York, NY 10036
   tel: (+1)-212-478-0848           fax: (+1)-212-478-0101
    pager: (+1)-800-910-0786	     e-mail: skaria@domain.elided