[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re:LSD for 328is & message for Armand> Anyway, I am now looking into adding a limited slip diff to my car. I remember a few weeks >back a few posts about this--something about having one added for ~$400? >Would the original poster please e-mail me privately or would someone mind forwarding me a >copy of the original post? Any helpful suggestions also welcome.

>Anyway, I am now looking into adding a limited slip diff to my car. I remember a few weeks
>back a few posts about this--something about having one added for ~$400?
>Would the original poster please e-mail me privately or would someone mind forwarding me a
>copy of the original post? Any helpful suggestions also welcome.

- ---------------------------------------

I am the person who added the LSD to my '94 325is. Sorry I haven't kept
up with my mail ;but when I got back from O'fest I was greeted by a
husband with a broken heel. His foot not him :) I've been tied up with
his heel; operation; a new Computer to personialize and preparing for
the fall as a school counselor.

The facts need to be clarified. I got the idea from Korman but I found a
cheaper alternative. I got the LSD inside a differential from an ad in
the Roundel for  $250. It was from an automatic 325.
>Will an LSD from a 95 M3 bolt right in?

Since the LSD is inside the housing to the diff , you must either
rebuild your diff --expensive-- or simply swap the LSD diff with yours.
This was a direct bolt on. One from an M3 or 318 would require some
entensive changes. The m3 flang is different and the driveshaft from the
318 is the wrong length. I don't know how different the 328 is from th
new M3. You'll have to ask around.

 This brought the final gear to 3.91. It cost me, $25.00 shipping, $ of
redline gear oil & $100 in labor from a friend who is a racecar
fabricator  to install.

The Korman solution would be a much more elegant solution-- but I pay
for my car foolishness on a teacher's pay. With the korman mod you would
get your choice of gears and could also get a quafe Lsd. or a 70%
diff.You send your diff to them and they rebuild it for you. Randy
Zimmer , my friend , said that he has an Alfa with a 70% LSD and it
would spin at the drop of ahat when the diff would lock--Doesn't sound
like fun. If I have the money next time around , I'll get the quafe from
Korman.

This has made a world of difference in they way my car accelerates. It
is even and powerful in all gears.BTW $320 is not the total cost I also
bought an auto authority chip to  raise the revlimiter and get my top
speed back up to 128. The car is quite satisfying and will do me into
the mellinium when I turn the car over to my son for $$$$ and fulfill my
M3 lust.

If you have any let me know.

ALSO
ARMAND---- I will call you this weekend about the article for the
newsletter. Sorry about the delay--- Life does get in the way.

Holly McReynolds
'94 325is mit sport package- My little Red Dancer
***** New E-mail address****
hmcreyno@domain.elided