[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 83 distributor upgrade on 633

The 83 633 (& maybe other models & years) have two different caps & rotor applications specified.  Apparently the push on rotor was later upgraded to the 3 bolt on type.  Several years ago I heard that there may have been a recall to perform this upgrade to put in a "higher energy" ignition to reduce a carbon build up problem that they were having with the original set up.

My 83 633 has the push on rotor & I was thinking of upgrading to the other type. Does anyone know the reason for the upgrade and what parts need to be replaced to complete the upgrade other than the cap, rotor & wires?

Gene M.