[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34>Electrics

I have a 1989 535i E34 with two intermitent electrical faults.

1/ The speedometer occasionally drops to zero under hard acceleration as
though there's a bad connection somewhere. I think it also affects the
OBC's speed input. Are there any common faults that causes this ?

2/ Occasionally after startup the windscreen wipers don't work at all and
the interior lights stay on for the normal delay after closing the door as
though the engine wasn't running. If you stop and startup again it cures both
faults. - again appears like a bad connection.

Any ideas that may help tracing the problems ?

thanks,
Scott

1989 E34 535i
1975 2002.