[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

motronic 1.1 faults

Hiya-
I replaced the cap and rotor on my 87 325is . This is the first time ever I
had a car run worse with the new cap. The check engine light keeps coming on
and the engine stumbles a bit. when the stumble occurs the fuel economy
needle swings toward infinity just  like coasting. the fault code yesterday
was continuous blinking. I stopped it after 47 blinks. today it blinks 1 12
12 1. This code is not in bently. My one theory is the old cap was so bad
that the ecu was at the limit of its ability to compensate and now is
readjusting.( I hope) any other suggestions?
Sean